The Now Habit at Work: Perform Optimally, Maintain Focus, and Ignite Motivation in Yourself and Others
The Now Habit at Work, reveals how true time management goes hand-in-hand with greater ease, well-being, and success in business and life. Whatever your occupation, Fiore’s proven tools will empower you to overcome procrastination and engage your full creative potential on the job. You’ll develop the focus of a champion, the ability to bounce back from setbacks, and the habit of problem-solving your way around obstacles and doubt.
Drawn from the latest neuroscience, cognitive behavioral psychology, and peak performance research, The Now Habit at Work enables you to optimize your approach so you:
- Identify your negative habits and develop corrective actions
- Use the Law of Reverse Effort to accomplish more by struggling less
- Shift from defending your ego so you can focus on achieving your goal
- Learn how to focus on when, where, and what to start, so you can stop feeling overwhelmed by large projects
- Work with the power of your entire brain’s left and right hemispheres so you achieve twice as much in half the time
- Align your daily actions with your higher values and goals
Filled with practical examples and exercises that are thoroughly tested and easy to implement, The Now Habit at Work will enable you to increase your productivity while eliminating negative patterns and reducing your stress. You’ll be amazed as your new habits improve your work/life balance and inspire those around you to create a vigorous organization with a healthy bottom line!
“I can’t get over it”
This will help you choose to make the right choice and shorten your focus on the sub-par goals in your life. This book will change how you make a difference in your life and at work; I would recommend it to anyone. The Now Habit at Work was a great purchase!! — Philip, Florida 5 Stars.
Coping with the Emotional Impact of Cancer: How to Become an Active Patient
Drawing on his experience as a 30-year survivor of a “terminal” cancer diagnosis and his training as a licensed psychologist, Neil Fiore provides deep insight and practical tools for:
- Managing the initial shock at receiving a cancer diagnosis
- Lessening stress and worry
- Combating depression
- Preparing your body for treatment
- Living a rich full life with cancer despite the fear and possibility of recurrence
Wise and compassionate, this audiobook shows patients and their families how to work with medical caregivers, communicate with each other, and overcome feelings of helplessness.
What the Experts Are Saying
“I found myself saying `yes’ over and over as I heard each chapter. A breast cancer survivor, and an oncology social worker, I found wisdom and insight scattered throughout.” (Patricia Fobair, LCSW, MPH, author and editor, Learning to Live Again, and clinical social worker at Stanford University Medical Center’s radiation oncology department)
How to Conquer Test Anxiety and Achieve Higher Scores on Any Exam
How to Conquer Test Anxiety shows you how to apply superior test-taking skills to lower stress and anxiety – before, during, and after a test. Topics include:
- Use Your Pre-Test Studying to Build Your Confidence
- Turn Stress into Success
- Stop Procrastinating on Test Preparation
- Get the Most Out of Your Mock Test Rehearsals
- Focus on the Questions Rather Than Unproductive Worry
- Commit to Doing Your Best During the Entire Test
- Tap Into the Power of Your Brain’s Subconscious Genius
Learn to apply the three essential qualities of peak performance in any field. Put into practice a few simple exercises and steps that awaken you to more of your brain power and give you the confidence to perform optimally under pressure.
“Amazing beyond expectations” 5 Stars
The title is over simplifying the content. This book can revolutionize your whole life if you are ready (or sick and tired of being anxious) to apply it. Its techniques are simple, and yet can be added to or incorporated into any system of belief, including Christianity; to help one to take charge of old lies about ones worth, performance, and ability to stay in the present . . . if you need is help with test anxiety, it’s like abc’s . . . simple, thorough, and quick to implement and see real lasting results, yet profound and brilliant. Christopher Oklahoma City, OK, USA
The Now Habit: Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play
Here’s the first comprehensive strategic system for overcoming the causes and eliminating the effects of procrastination. Here are strategies that can help any busy person get more things started and done more quickly without anxiety or stress.
Whether they are a manager, a student, an entrepreneur, writer, or homemaker, this audiobook will help you achieve your goals more rapidly.
The Now Habit will show you how to prioritize your goals so allow more time for guilt-free play and your personal life. Step by step, Neil Fiore, Ph.D. reveals tested strategies for shifting you from procrastinator to becoming a producer:
- · Use the symptoms of procrastination to trigger the cure
- · Overcome the perfectionism and fear of failure that lie behind procrastination
- · Benefit from making positive statements about work instead of sabotaging yourself with negative statements
- · Make your worry work for you to create plans
- · Use the “Un-schedule” time-management techniques to become more efficient
- · Accomplish more in less time through efficient “flow state” work styles
- · Work with the procrastinators in your life and help them overcome negative habits
The Now Habit promises you the chance to truly enjoy guilt-free leisure time so that you are motivated to start on your work sooner.
©2006 Neil Fiore, Ph.D.; (P)2007 Gildan Media
New Haven, CT, USA05-13-07
Learn from this illuminating but readily understandable analysis of procrastination as a complex defense that is usually misunderstood as a weakness, incompetence, academic ineptitude, etc. Fiore elucidates the manner in which procrastination is used defensively against other unpleasant feelings and thoughts and why sheer will power will not overcome patterns of procrastination. The author goes a step further and offers ways to “unlearn” procrastination and deal effectively with the problems that gave rise to it.
— Robert New Haven, CT, US 5 STARS