Specialist in Productivity and Success
Neil Fiore, Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist, trainer and the author of six books. Dr. Fiore, a former president of The Northern California Society of Clinical Hypnosis, has conducted training at the Esalen Institute, California School of Professional Psychology, Summit Hospital, Smithsonian Institute, Levi Strauss, UCSF, Stanford University, and for the Dr. Milton Erickson Foundation.
Selected by Boardroom Reports as one of their “Top Ten Self-Help Gurus,” Dr. Fiore is firmly established as one of America’s top productivity experts. Dr. Fiore is also the author of The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play [Penguin, 2007] and Awaken Your Strongest Self: Break Free of Stress, Inner Conflict, and Self-Sabotage [McGraw-Hill, 2010, paperback] and The Now Habit at Work: Perform Optimally, Maintain Focus, and Ignite Motivation [Wiley, 2010]. Neil’s seminars, coaching, and training programs combine practical exercises with strategies that help participants obtain peak performance and optimal productivity.
Dr. Fiore has published professional articles in numerous journals, including The New England Journal of Medicine, and continues to contribute to popular magazines like Psychology Today, Fitness, Elle, Glamour, Entrepreneur, and Boardroom Reports.
Professional and Education Experience
- President, Fiore Productivity Program™
- Psychologist, Private Practice, Albany, CA
- Instructor, University of California Berkeley Extension
- Psychologist, University of California, Berkeley, Counseling Center, Berkeley, CA
- Instructor, California School of Professional Psychology Berkeley, CA
- Lecturer, Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA
- Manager, Johnson & Johnson, New Brunswick, NJ
- President, Northern California Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- B.A., Economics, St. Peter’s University
- M.S., Counseling/Psychology, University of Maryland
- Ph.D., Counseling/Psychology, University of Maryland
- Boardroom Reports “Top Ten Self-Help Gurus”
- Recipient of the University of California at Berkley’s Distinguished Achievement Award
Membership in Professional Organizations
- NSA – National Speakers Association
- NSA/NC – NSA Northern California (Board Member)
- ASTD – American Society for Training & Development
- ICF – International Coach Federation
- American Psychological Association
- Alameda County Psychological Association
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Northern Cal. Society of Clinical Hypnosis – President, 1988
- International Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship – Founding Member
- The Now Habit at Work: Perform Optimally, Maintain Focus, and Ignite Motivation (Wiley, 2010).
- Awaken Your Strongest Self: Break Free of Stress, Inner Conflict, and Self-Sabotage (McGraw-Hill, 2010, paperback edition).
- The Now Habit: Overcoming Procrastination While Enjoying Guilt-Free Play. New York: (Tarcher/Penguin, 2009).
- Coping with the Emotional Impact of Cancer. [Bay Tree Publishing, 2009].
- How to Conquer Test Anxiety & Perform Optimally on Any Exam, Gildan Media, 2008
- Conquering Test Anxiety (with Susan Pescar) (Warner Books, 1987).
- Conquering Procrastination: How to Stop Stalling & Start Succeeding. (Nightingale-Conant).
- Productivity Engineering, Mental Toughness, and Effective Goal Setting (CD and downloadable from www.hypnosisnetwork.com and www.audible.com)
- 7 Strategies for Success [eBook, 2011]
- Fiore, N. A. “Health Behavior Change Models Applied to Healthy Lifestyle Counseling,” Annals of Behavioral Medicine, Mar. 22-25, 2006, San Francisco.
- Fiore, N. A. “How to Take Control of Your Life.” Bottom Line Personal, vol. 26 (19), Oct. 1, 2005. p. 12.
- Fiore, N. A. “Teaching Patients to Cope with Illness,” “Mind-Body Connection: Coping with Cancer.” Proceedings of European Health Psychology Conference, Aug. 31- Sept. 3, 2005, Galway, Ireland
- Fiore, N. A. “How to Manage the Procrastination of Others & Yourself” San Francisco Chronicle, Sept. 9, 2001, p. W-3 At Work.
- Fiore, N. A. “From Overwhelmed to Overjoyed in Six Strategic Steps: How to Cope withMultitasking.” San Francisco, Examiner, Oct. 22, 2000, p. J-3 Career Search.
- Fiore, N. A. “The Transformative Power of Crisis: Letting Go of Control,” Coping, August, 1998.
- Fiore, N. A. “If you can’t stand your job prepare a strategic plan to leave it.” San Francisco Examiner, May 17, 1998, p. J-3 Career Search.
- Fiore, N. A. Fighting Cancer One Patient’s Perspective. The New England Journal of Medicine, 300:284-9, 1979.
Training, Consulting, Executive Coaching Services
- Directs and conducts training for corporations, organizations, and associations.
- Coaches individuals and groups in Optimal Productivity, Time Management, and Effective Communication
- Designs and implements training programs for Managers, Human Resources, Line Personnel.
- Manages projects for contract compliance, effectiveness and productivity
Presentations [partial list]
- Smithsonian Institute
- “It’s Your Life, Who’s in Charge?”
- “Self-Coaching for Success”
- “Conquering Procrastination and Living Life to the Fullest”
- Levi Strauss & Co.
- “Turning Stress Into Success: How to Perform Under Pressure”
- “Working in the Zone: Tapping the Power of Peak Performers”
- “Optimal Performance, Stress Management, Active Participation in Health Care”
- Bechtel Power Corporation
- “Turning Stress Into Success; Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome – Recovering from the Earthquake”
- “Stress and Communication”
- “The Human Side of Change”
- Nationwide Radio & TV: 1980 – present, CNN, People Are Talking (KPIX – NY)
- The Regis Philbin+ Show (Lifetime) and radio talk shows throughout the United States
- San Francisco Bay Area: KRON-TV, KGO-TV, KTVU-2, KQED, KNBR-AM, KGO-AM, KCBS-AM
Partial Client List
- The Smithsonian Institute
- Stanford Hospital
- Bechtel Power Corporation
- Levi Strauss & Co.
- Esalen Institute
- Union Bank
- Human Resources Association, Northern California
- Association of California Water Agencies
- International Association of Administrative Professionals
For further information, e-mail, write, or call Neil Fiore, PhD:
Fiore Productivity Program™
1496 Solano Avenue
Albany, CA 94706