About Dr. Neil Fiore
Specialist in Productivity and Success
Neil Fiore, Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist, trainer and author of four books.
Dr. Fiore, a former president of The Northern California Society of Clinical Hypnosis,
has conducted training at the Esalen Institute, California School of Professional
Psychology, Summit Hospital, Smithsonian Institute, Levi Strauss, UCSF and Stanford
and has attended seminars led by Dr. Milton H. Erickson.
Selected by Boardroom Reports as one of their "Top Ten Self-Help Gurus," Dr.
Fiore is firmly established as one of America's top productivity experts. Dr. Fiore
is also the author of The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for
Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play [Putnam, 2007] and Awaken
Your Strongest Self:Break Free of Stress, Inner Conflict, and Self-Sabotage [McGraw-Hill, 2006]. He continues
to run seminars and training programs that combine the use of hypnosis and other
therapeutic devices to obtain peak performance and productivity.
Dr. Fiore has published professional articles in numerous journals, including The
New England Journal of Medicine, and continues to contribute to popular magazines
like Psychology Today, Fitness, Elle, Glamour, Entrepreneur, and Boardroom Reports.
Professional and Education Experience
- President, Neil Fiore & Associates
- Psychologist, Private
Practice, Albany, CA
- Instructor, California Institute of Clinical
Hypnosis, San Francisco, CA
- Psychologist, University of California, Berkeley, Counseling Center, Berkeley,
- Instructor, California School of Professional Psychology Berkeley, CA
- Lecturer, Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA
- Manager, Johnson & Johnson, New Brunswick, NJ
- B.A., Economics, St. Peter's College
- M.S., Counseling/Psychology, University of Maryland
- Ph.D., Counseling/Psychology, University of Maryland
- 2003 Boardroom Reports "Top Ten Self-Help Gurus"
- Recipient of the University
of California at Berkley's Distinguished Achievement Award
Membership in Professional Organizations
- NSA – National Speakers Association
- NSA/NC – NSA Northern California (Board Member)
- ASTD – American Society for Training & Development
- ICF – International Coach Federation
- American Psychological Association
- Alameda County Psychological Association
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Northern Cal. Society of Clinical Hypnosis - President, 1988
- International Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship - Founding Member
- Awaken Your Strongest Self: Break Free of Stress, Inner
Conflict, and Self-Sabotage (McGraw-Hill, 2006)
- The Now Habit: Overcoming Procrastination While Enjoying Guilt-Free Play. New
York: Tarcher/Putnam, 1989. Penguin, revised 2007
- Conquering Test Anxiety (with Susan Pescar) New York: Warner Books, 1987.
Road Back to Health: Coping with the Emotional Aspects of Cancer. Bantam, 1984;
Celestial Arts, 1991. [Revised edition to be released in 2008 by Bay Tree].
- Conquering Procrastination: How to Stop Stalling & Start
Succeeding. Niles, IL: Nightingale-Conant (6-tape and CD series and workbook). 1994.
- Articles: Boardroom Reports; Working Women; The New England
Journal of Medicine; SF Examiner
- Fiore, N.A. (2001). "How to Manage the Procrastination of Others & Yourself." San
- Fiore, N.A. (1998). "The Transformative Power of Crisis:
Letting Go of Control." Coping.
- Fiore, N.A. (1990). "How to Acquire the No-Procrastination Habit Now." Bottomline
- Fiore, N.A. (1989). "Working in the Flow State." New
- Fiore, N.A. (1989). "How to Get Procrastinators Up to Speed." Working
- Fiore, N.A. (1986). "Stress, Pressure & Performance." Boardroom
- Fiore, N.A. (1970). "Fighting Cancer: One Patient's Perspective." The
New England Journal of Medicine, 300:284-9.
Training, Consulting, Executive Coaching Services
- Directs and conducts training for corporations, organizations, and associations.
- Designs and implements training programs for Managers, Human Resources, Line
- Manages projects for contract compliance, effectiveness and productivity
- Smithsonian Institute
- "It's Your Life, Who's in Charge?"
- "Self-Coaching for Success"
- "Conquering Procrastination and Living Life to the Fullest"
- Levi Strauss & Co.
- "Turning Stress Into Success: How to Perform Under Pressure"
- "Working in the Zone: Tapping the Power of Peak Performers"
- "Optimal Performance, Stress Management, Active Participation in Health
- Bechtel Power Corporation
- "Turning Stress Into Success; Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome - Recovering
from the Earthquake"
- "Stress and Communication"
- "The Human Side of Change"
- Nationwide Radio & TV: 1980 - present, CNN, People Are Talking (KPIX
- The Regis Philbin Show (Lifetime) and radio talk shows throughout the United
- San Francisco Bay Area: KRON-TV, KGO-TV, KTVU-2, KQED, KNBR-AM, KGO-AM, KCBS-AM
Partial Client List
- Stanford Hospital
- Bechtel Power Corporation
- Levi Strauss & Co.
- Esalen Institute
- Union Bank
- Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Padway & Padway Law Offices
- Human Resources Association, N. California
- Association of California Water Agencies
- International Association of Administrative Professionals
For further information, e-mail, write, or call
Neil Fiore, PhD:
1496 Solano Avenue
Albany, CA 94706